RAH 24-03-2010

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

RAH 24-03-2010

Post by sunshine »

What an amazing gig...

They played: She, Trash, Filmstar, Amimal Nitrate, Heroine, Pantomime Horse, The Drowners, Killing of a Flashboy, Can't Get Enough, Everything Will Flow, He's Gone, Next Life, Asphalt World, So Young, Metal Mickey, Wild Ones, New Generation, Beautiful Ones.
Encores: The Living Dead (brett solo), 2 of us, Saturday Night

House full to the top... Nice to see some old faces like Magenta, Kerensa, Peter Lowrentglamour, the Scandinavian girls, David G... most people from this forum (flo, sa, metal mickey, flashgirl, discobunny, and our pilot Jan in person - no sign of mark though! :shock: ) and some of the regulars... special mention to Kate, who was a suede virgin and came out really converted!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: RAH 24-03-2010

Post by sunshine »

just checking the news on my paper, and I have already found Mr. Petridis doing his review!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/ma ... lbert-hall
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

some pics from tonight...
Attachments
IMG_5681.jpg
IMG_5681.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 14624 times
IMG_5644.jpg
IMG_5644.jpg (28.85 KiB) Viewed 14624 times
IMG_5636.jpg
IMG_5636.jpg (39.7 KiB) Viewed 14624 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

and some more!
Attachments
IMG_5831.jpg
IMG_5831.jpg (40.27 KiB) Viewed 14622 times
IMG_5817.jpg
IMG_5817.jpg (39.06 KiB) Viewed 14622 times
IMG_5738.jpg
IMG_5738.jpg (48.19 KiB) Viewed 14622 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

and the last ones for now!
Attachments
IMG_5962.jpg
IMG_5962.jpg (37.36 KiB) Viewed 14621 times
IMG_5866.jpg
IMG_5866.jpg (52.32 KiB) Viewed 14621 times
IMG_5860.jpg
IMG_5860.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 14621 times
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Was there large as life Sun!:-) post more later when back home infront of my PC rather than on my mobile!!!:-D:-P
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

I will check mine tonight when I'm back home, I think.

It was such an amazing night! Great pix as always... and have a look at the ones from absoluteradio.
Claudia
Co-Pilot

Post by Claudia »

Neil looks absolutely stunning! :o
Filmstar

Post by Filmstar »

T'was a most excellent gig! The band have definitely not lost any of their magic.
marcellipop

Post by marcellipop »

on one of the pics i see a professionals videocam..... was the full shows captured on film?????
kats_d

Post by kats_d »

marcellipop wrote:on one of the pics i see a professionals videocam..... was the full shows captured on film?????
Yes, I think it was... Does anyone know of any plans to release any footage?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

fingers crossed!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

uploaded my pix on fb :)
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

some of them:

mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Ok - time to bore you all now with my thoughts, ramblings and observations on last nights show!!!!... :roll:

Firstly nearly got lost on way to hall as despite directions there are no fucking signs up anywhere and trust me to get a little lost but got there prob about 7.30 in the end - went into the arena just b4 These New Puritans came on (is it just me or were they are bit shit?? maybe i'm just a philistine!!) and try as hard as I could didn't spot any 7ft tall spaniard up the front from where I was several rows back!!!! Anyway a few late comers tried to push infront before Suede time (which was pretty fucking annoying but nobody seemed to fancy risking a fight and getting chucked out just before the greatest returning band in the world were due to come on stage!!!!)...

So here they come, the beautiful ones as they ripped into 'She' - sound top notch, peformance breathless, everything tight and Brett's voice as clear as a bell!!! Then mayhem - 'Trash' and in the middle of the biggest fucking crowd surge - think that was most mental reaction but of course there were many more to follow !!!! Everything was just perfect...

Standouts??? so many but of course 'Nitrate and Metal Mickey were totally riotous and probably Mickey was my fav on the night as I bounced along with the best of them during the intro!!! Loved new gen and of course getting to hear Asphalt and pantomime live for the first time was a treat!!! along of course with flashboy, heroine and drowners....!! hmm - oh and He's Gone was another moment of pureness and just beauty (did I see someone raisng a lighter lol????!!!)....

As mentioned in the other post the ovation was truly an overwhelming experience although from where I was I agree with previous comments about richard during the other shows - didn't looked that connected with the whole thing despite his usual outstanding playing - I get negative vibes now about his relationship with Brett but I won't say no more about that for now!!!!

some other observations:

Neil trying to outstare me at one point during the show - I swear he was looking straight at me despite the fact I was quite a few rows back from the front!!!! I just stared back lol!!! and yes he does look great - that not an empty comment just about his look - more with the fact he has been so ill in the past but was great to see him again!!

Richard biting his fingernails as he stood still while Neil played the guitar intro to The Wild Ones!!!

Brett reciting his now standard poem during the last song of any show (this case the outro of sat night) as he stood up high at the front - still can't work out what he says but it always ends with something like "down, down, down on her beautiful face"!! - sure he mentioned something about two horses at the start of it!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh and a message to Mr Osman - always either wear very light or very dark shirts - never something in -between!!! Looked VERY sweaty haha!! - band seemed to enjoy it sooooo much though and yeah they were on fire - after this it does leave a few questions open - how can a band this good not be around anymore?? Anyway i'll go away and hide while the vultures circle to pick over my comments!!! :wink: :wink:

Oh and btw I WAS there (the guy in a dress Jacket, SA joint/tabernacle t, jeans and converse sneakers!!!)... Weird that I didn't spot any of you although as I glanced to one side not sure whether or not I did see u José - but was a bit buzzed by everything (oh and I guess you weren't wearing your obligatory orange t-shirt last night - or were you???!!!!!)...

Oh and I got the proof with the TCT t-shirt and programme!!! sorry didn't spot you and none of you saw me either (maybe next time I go to a suede (there's always hope there will be a next time!!) /brett gig i'll wear a sign round my neck with big black writing - "Hi it's me - yes that's right!! - mark from the suede forum"!!!! :roll: :wink:

and yes sure you are right with what you said Jan!!! - I was fearing it before hand but I guess the big black hole/void will be putting in an appearance very soon!!!!! :( :cry:

Damn i'm shit - had to edit this 4 fucking times lol - how many mistakes can one man make???!!! :lol: :? :wink: :shock: