for collectors - best of

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: for collectors - best of

Post by mark »

what do you mean andrew which rod am i talking about???!!! Rod Stewart obviously lol!!! :roll:

A top 10 oasis??? oooh dunno mate lol - I'd have to really think and even then i'd struggle - probably don't look back in anger, whatever, importance of being idle, aqcuisece, the masterplan and i was gonna say champagne supernova as all definites but i dunno - they can all get a little bit 'heard them so many times before' that it irritates... I sometimes like a bit of fuckin' in the bushes too even though it's just an instrumental, sampled song...!!! Weird I have every oasis album (yes including the shit ones!!! :roll: ) but I actually very rarely listen to them... maybe rock n roll star too... dunno...!

I read somewhere it was quoted that Liam absolutely despises wonderwall, really hates singing it but has no choice because it's the one all the fans want to hear!!!!... :lol: :shock:

I am a big, big pulpy fan but i've never heard that one before... weeds always seems to be a favourite of mine of there's in more recent times, I do actually quite like we love life a lot.... And 'hardcore' is a great dark album too - there was a period back in the 90's when i was obsessed with different class too - oh for the mid 90's again!!!! coming up, different class, everything must go, morning glory.... :D :mrgreen: The last great era of music.... :cry:

U make me laugh saying u hate camp music and then you say u LOVE the music of the pet shop boys!!!! :lol: You couldn't get much camper than that, it's the equilevent of elton john, george michael and boy george having a gangbang with right said fred!!!! But yeah they had some great songs but really u could not get much camper, their whole style of music, stage show, neil's voice - totally gay lol (go west anyone?) and that c'est la vida or whatever it was called - even their 80's stuff had a gay disco theme!!! except the ever cool west end girls!!! :) I seem to remember being a big fan of 'Surburbia' back in the day too!!!!...

I still think ur decision that rod is in any way better than bowie is absolutely bizarre but there you go, bowie is an astonishingly accomplished singer, songwriter, musician and entertainer... It's funny I bought his greatest hits 'changesbowie' many years ago and played it to my mum and she thought she would hate it (she said she generally always steerted clear of bowie because she thought he was "a bit weird" lol) but she loved it - she was amazed at how many well known songs were his and how good they were... she really was extremely surprised - but i guess you've made your mind up so i can't do anything about that!!!!....

huh!!! :( Simple Minds were a good band with some great songs - Alive and Kicking, Don't You Forget About Me, Hynotised, All The Things She Said, Promised You A Miracle, Theme For Great Cities... :D I like some U2 and INXS as well btw so I bet you'll be ready to give me another beating now!!!! :lol: :(

Maybe one day I should post my list of all the artists i've got on my ipod just to scare you lol!!! I've done that already on my facebook...!!!

Oh and btw - sorry sun!!! ya know old roddy's alright really, as long as he keeps himself to himself he's fine!!!! :lol: :wink: :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Haha, poor Liam...he might be a total jerk, but he at least has taste. :D

The last Oasis album I bought was Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants...sold it back without a second thought. :P

Did I say I hated camp? Heck, DMS is as campy as it gets, especially on the last four songs...but that doesn't mean I don't love it! :D

But there's no way PSB are that campy! Maybe their post-Behaviour stuff is, but Please, Actually, Behaviour, the early singles...not really campy at all! I don't find their synths nearly as cheesy as, say, Soft Cell or Depeche Mode (both of whom I like, to a certain degree...).

I did give Bowie another chance last summer (I've hated on him since I was 14!), but "Best Of Bowie" did nothing for me...and for the record, I do change my mind about a lot of things!

Yeah, U2 and INXS...I mean, Ian McCulloch is a total [censored], but at least he had the guts to slag off U2 at every opportunity. For that I will always love him (oh, yeah, and his solo career is ace).

I want to see that list of your ipod music; seriously!
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

marky, i'm seeing him on wed recording a programme! 8) :D
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

No way PSB are THAT campy???!!! Well they are both gay, they cover a song by the Vullage People, Chris has been known in recent times to wear a purple woman's wig onstage, they are known for their 80's disco anthems...!!! Actually they were a little more 'butch' back in the day but they've got progressively more camp over the years!!!!... Yeah I am glad u added that u like Depeche, I was gonna say u can't diss them!!!

Oh and best of bowie is the greatest ever hits compilation of any artist ever - fact and i have many hits albums in my collection... :mrgreen:

U2 80's were good but Bono is of course up his own arse and they have got VERY patchy in recent years...

you will HATE almost everything on my ipod andrew, maybe I will list it at some point though...!!! Least it is nowhere near as bad as some of the shit I have had to put up with these last weeks at work from someone ipod - I mean NDubz, The Beatles, Eminem, GnR, Scouting For Girls (hate them more than anything in life!!!) over and over again... even with The Beatles there is only so much I can take!!! :lol:

Enjoy your night on Wednesday with Rod sun, when will the programme be shown do u know??? Have a good time, now I understand what u meant by ur fb status... Oh and celebrate those 10 years of living in the country you hate lol!!! :lol:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

ITV's 'The Alan Titchmarsh Show' (which is recorded in the BBC!!)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

See, I guess I don't know enough about PSB's stage act to call them "campy"...it's all about the music for me. :D (And I don't think they ever got too discoy...just that cover of Always On My Mind)

I still stand by Substance 87 as the greatest comp ever (the Joy Division one isn't far behind, and then there's the Phil Spector box set...)

More comps:

Erasure Pop! > The Complete Sham 69 > The Best of Shed Seven > Best of Bowie > [Any given U2 release] :D

(Note; I don't know if "The Best of Shed Seven" or "The Complete Sham 69" are actual releases; I just included them to flog a dead horse all the way down Pony Street)

Marky, what do you do that you have to listen to someone else's ipod?!?!?
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Erasure were ok and my mum used to love them back in the 80's but they are the definitive kings of camp all barring the Communards lol!!! :lol:

And yes I own the Shed Seven best of (Going For Gold) and it's actually pretty good - of course from November 1st officially the best ever best of will be Suede's...!!! 'Singles' was kinda meeh!! i mean the new vocals and the re-editing of every song on there i didn't like so hopefully the best of will be better!!! :D

ah no i work in a superstore overnight - we are not allowed the radio on during the week because we have no broadcasting licence but at the weekend when the store is shut through the night someone put's their ipod on through speakers.... And it is the same shitty playlist with bad taste music - almost exclusively - and bands like gnr and the beatles who i quite like i am almost beginning to hate now because it is overkill lol!!!

btw José enjoy the show - hope u have a really nice time... but on Alan Titchmarsh??!! 'the granma's favourite' lol!!! :shock: :o :lol: I'd rather see him interviewed by Norton or Rossy or Carr (that's Alan not Jimmy!!!...) :) ITV in the bbc!!! :shock: :lol:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah, I've seen a few Youtubes of Erasure live, and wow...Andy looked really [censored] ridiculous! But "The Innocents" isn't all that campy, as a record...and it's by far their best, imvho!

I'm still waiting for "The Complete Suede" to come out, and then maybe it'll nudge out "Substance 87" as the ultimate compilation. Maybe. :D

You need to assert some hegemony over the nighttime speakers at work...or is it a senority issue? :wink:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i will... i hope Penny is there too! :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

oohh:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fly-Moon-Great- ... 029&sr=1-5

release on the same day! I love the pic of brett I took outside hammersmith in front of a rod poster for the album he was releasing then!

I have already ordered a few copies of the moon one!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hehehehe!!! I'm glad you're happy, but you're quite mad sun!!!! :mrgreen: :wink: How many copies do you actually need, or are u looking for more converts???!!! :roll: :lol: 8)

Yeah Andy Pandy, well the guy who's ipod it is is best friend with one of the senior managers there, he's known him since childhood, and well he's like his lapdog - so I just never get involved!!!! :roll: Anyway I wouldn't risk taking my ipod in there, you can't trust anybody these days!!!! :lol: :wink:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i get one for here, one for home... then one from my mum and another for my auntie... and a spare for a quick present
Florence

Post by Florence »

back to topic
the sleeve of the best of is really beautiful !
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

The sleeve is indeed beautiful flo but not really 'suedey' lol - it does not really effectively relate fully to what they were about - there was much beauty in their songs but of course much darkness too... It is a 'pleasant' sleeve I guess the right word is, Suede should never be seen as just pleasant...! :D

Oh and sun I hope u enjoyed the Rod show... Wow ur a good boy for ur family aren't u???!!! :mrgreen: (actually not sure if it's good or bad to force rod onto ur relatives lol!!!) :lol: oh and btw sun - u telling me you instructed Brett to stand infront of a poster of Rod for your pic of him???!!! :shock: :o Like he's your model and you're the photographer directing him???!!!! :shock: :o How rude to treat a star in that way hahahahahahaha!!!! :lol:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

sleeve is great indeed!
yeah, he sang 2 songs from his new album... it will be shown on the day of the release... Nov 1
and no, it was a coincidence I could not let go away!