best of: play.com, hmv and amazon

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: best of: play.com, hmv and amazon

Post by mark »

Thanks for the heads up José!! :) But what about this one that Marcos alerted me to the other day - with apparently a bonus dvd!!!!! :?: :? :shock: :o 8) :D :mrgreen:

http://musique.fnac.com/a3120057/Suede- ... s-CD-album
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

hmmm... it has been denied... i suppose there will be a proper dvd release at some point?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yes I was told by Marcos that it's been denied by the gods of Mr Anderson on high but the feeling is of a cover up lol - I mean I dunno but why would a website be advertising it with a bonus dvd if they didn't have specific knowledge of it - it is even priced as though to include a bonus dvd - unless this website has VERY expensive albums lol!!! :?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

albums in France are not cheap. But it if were true, there would be a UK release too..
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah i know, probably right, but a little conspiracy is good sometimes - don't worry, i'm really not holding my breath for a dvd release even though it would be nice, but i'm quite realistic...!!! :)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

are u?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

er yeah, i think so lol!!! I'm realistic enough to believe that although Brett hasn't ruled out further Suede stuff beyond this year, the show at the o2 could potentially be the last time i'll ever get to see them...!!! :shock: :( :cry:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

yeah, a difficult choice!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

A friend on fb has pointed out to me that a special edition with dvd is also being listed on amazon for £25.49 - so you still believe this is wrong???!!!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Special-2- ... 604&sr=1-1

Notice this one is listed as November 9th for release rather than November 1st!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

and it is an import!
Florence

Post by Florence »

mm suspect :
on the fnac, the best of + dvd bonus is cheaper (14.99 € internet exclusivity) than the "normal" best of (17.07 €)
same on amazon fr (one mention 3 discs, the other one 2 discs)

but big difference of price on amazon uk..
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it's been denied again
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

And did Vanessa or anyone else 'official' explain why these websites are advertising a special edition version with dvd on several websites then???? Either someone is not telling everything or somewhere there is some REALLY bad communication with the distributors because Amazon isn't the first to be advertising this version - so either we're being lied to or otherwise someone has made a huge cock up!!!! Either way it's not very good especially for those who will have already ordered this 'special edition'!!!! :( Anyway I wouldn't even bother mentioning it at 'the other place', you'll only get accused of 'pissing and moaning' by some arrogant prick or another!!!!! :x Apparently the people who run Brett's/Suede's affairs are whiter than white and always above criticism because there is always some little arselicker waiting to cosy on up to them and defend them at all costs despite the facts as though everything is always perfect and they can do no wrong... that place really does make me sick sometimes...!!!! It's the creeping arselicking to the management whilst bullying and rubbishing the views of other fans as if they are some big 'I am' because maybe once they got to shake Brett's hand and all of a sudden they feel their opinions are more worthy than anyone else's - like the voice of god or something, that pisses me off!!!! I am pretty sure Brett, Vanessa and all the people surrounding both Brett and Suede really don't need some jumped up, ill-mannered bully boys protecting them - as though they are that fragile they can't handle any criticism by themselves!!!! To be honest i've had VERY little to crticise the running and management of either Suede's or Brett's affairs over the years, but if someone does have reason to raise a point that might be seen as negative it's pretty piss-poor to have some unofficial 'bouncers' waiting to pounce, verbally abuse and patronise people who are only giving their honest opinion or asking a question... God forbid anyone might criticise the running of the empire that surrounds our lord and master Brett....!!!! :lol:

And btw personally i've never had many problems there at all, it is the hositilty and negativity i've seen towards others and the fact that it is a totally fun free zone because people are too busy spending far too much time trying to come up with their next 'witty' put down on other fans!!! It's a pretty fucked up world that music fans united in their love of an artist are divided because of those who feel they are so superior can't help themselves than to condemn and be abusive to others... And I think it's pretty shameful that's it's allowed to go on without an kind of intervention because certain people have their tongues shoved firmly up other certain people's various holes!!!!... I actually think for outsiders looking in it paints a pretty poor picture of the kind of fans Brett/Suede has...

But then again I was so sick and tired and embarrassed having to read the abuse being meted out to others and the 'hilarious' 'intellectual' put downs that I stopped visiting regularly around a year ago so maybe it's changed now lol!!! But I doubt it!!! :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock: are u OK mark?