nme next week

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: nme next week

Post by mark »

omg Rod looks like Worzel Gummidge remember!!!! :lol: :wink: And stop fancying Mick Hucknall!!! :shock: :o :lol:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

sunshine wrote:haha... it is tru that brett is looking at something and he seem to be thinking: WTF!

I'm guessing there was a really hot bird* standing right behind the camera. He probably didn't register that a picture had been taken even after the flash.

*I hate the term "bird," but while I'm trying to act English, I'll have to play along.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:What on earth are u on Andrew???!!! :? I don't get any of that and that poor guy on the front cover - if he really did look anything like Mick Hucknall (which he doesn't) he would have to be drowned at birth!!!! :lol: :wink:

Ahem:

mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

(Oh, btw, if you want to go on about how Mick is a total tosser, an attention whore, etc. I'll have your back...but then, we could probably say the same things about Liam or Damon or our Brett!)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

No Andrew, Mick Hucknall is just flat out annoying!!!! - and yeah in those pics I can maybe see a slight similarity but Hucknall looks NOTHING like that these days - more like a squashed orange!!!! :lol:

And Brett just looks happy in that pic rather than his usual look of contempt or grimace lol!!! I know maybe you're not used to seeing him that way but I wouldn't call it startled - and please Andrew, Brett's only been maried a year don't start going on about it being because of a bird behind the camera he might fancy - are you trying to instigate a divorce or what???!!! :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: And yeah 'bird' is so common and disrespectful - but I loved that u used it lol!!! :mrgreen: Isn't it all 'chick' and 'babe' or 'hey girl' where you're from???!!! hahahahhaa!! :wink:

Brett was an attention whore in the very early days but I think he became so bored of that whole thing - and really now u could NEVER label him that - he is so laidback and dignified whenever he is interviewed - and how he performs on stage is because he's enjoying it and loves the interaction - he becomes an animal!!! - i guess in that sense he loves the attention of the fans but i'd never label him an attention whore!!! my god if u called him that at 'the other place' you wouldn't get out alive - and if you did you'd have no arms or legs left!!! :lol: :shock: :cry:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

simply rubbish
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Mick sort of started looking freaky starting with the cover of "Stars" (I remember seeing it and saying, "What, is he doing Donny Osmond in Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat now?"). And that was what, 20 years ago?... :D

I don't know if Brett looks happy in that pic; like I said, he looks more confused or stunned. Maybe they got Justine in the studio? :P (I normally would never have thought to say that, but I was left stranded at the bookstore a month or so ago and "amused" myself by flipping through one of the music rags, and there was a long article about her and how she spends her days making paintings in her garage...and she still looked "hot" as fuck).

And I would never want someone to get divorced...but I read a pretty convincing argument that the first two Suede records are great in part because Justine was such a bitch to him...again, I really don't care about musician's private lives, but since we're being gossipy nags.. :P

"Chick" and "babe" are just horrible terms (but not as bad as "bird")...I've been known to use the quasi-British "Man, that girl is lush" expression, but I don't think there's a really good way to say, "Hey, man, that [expression for a female] is good looking" (I hate the word "hot" in this context).

Admittedly, I haven't really read any Brett interviews since the early days, so that could explain it...and judging from the video clips I've seen, he definitely wasn't a diva-type onstage...it always just seemed to me that in the early days, eh went to ridiculous lengths to say semi-controversial things, ala Moz without Moz's hilarious deadpan wit or pomposity.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Well I have just bought a copy of the nme mate and he doesn't look stunned or confused or anything - I have it in front of me and he just looks normal!!!! :roll: and omg I just said don't start about women when Brett isn't long married and then u bring up his ex!!!! stop it man lol!!!! Are you trying to hurt Jodie's feelings???!!! :shock: :roll: :wink: hahaha!

You should watch his latest interviews - very cool!!! :) And well yes he said controversial things in the early days for attention, but don't forget he was widely misquoted by mischievious journalists too!!!! :roll:

And please refrain from calling my words of wisdom 'simply rubbish' sun!!!! :shock: :cry: :x
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i was talking about the ginger person in a reference to his old band
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

oh I see lol!!! Simply Red = Simply Rubbish - yeah I have to agree with that on the whole... Then again I am surprised you have that opinion bearing in mind u love Rod!!!! :lol: :wink:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

no at all the same
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yeah; Mick and co. made one great album and two decent ones...Rod made, um... :D

Do you have a link to the interview?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

ah the bbc breakfast interview??? well keep checking out http://www.youtube.com/suedemusicweb and i'll try and make sure I get it up next week!!!! :oops:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

next week...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yep! :)