The other day I saw a license plate that read "DMS-1994"

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
SoGone
Flight attendant

The other day I saw a license plate that read "DMS-1994"

Post by SoGone »

I wonder if it was a vanity plate or just a cosmic coincidence.

(This probably wasn't thread-worthy, but I'm bored and figured it might as well be worth a mention)
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: The other day I saw a license plate that read "DMS-1994"

Post by sunshine »

probably on purpose!
i still love it on the bus when we pass along Shirley High Street and there is the suede sing on the dry cleaner!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Whoa, an actual Suede poster, or just a poster for the fabric? I know I get all excited when I hear people talk about Denim or Felt...and then I realize that they're not talking about the bands. :(
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Andrew when u said u get all excited when u hear people talking about Denim or Felt at first I thought maybe u have some sort of weird fabric fetish lol???!!!! Then again if u add Suede to the mix maybe I was right???!!!! :lol: :shock: :o :P You're just using the band names as ur cover for the fact u can't get enough of a bit of non stain material lol!!! :shock: :lol: 8)

Oh sun you mean Suede sign???!!! Was that called 'Persueders' or something - I am sure I heard that story that they got their name from that place or something... And there is actually a place called 'Shirley High Street'???!! Omg, sounds like some sorta red light district!!!! :lol: :shock: :o :wink:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Fabric fetish?!?!?!? LOL! Never heard that one before!

Does felt really not stain? I know for a fact that denim stains, because all of my jeans have weird blemishes...that's why I tend to stick with the black ones. I'm pretty sure they're still made of denim.

I guess the prevelance of the word "stain" in latter-day Suede/Tears/Brett songs adds credence to your theory, though... :shock:

And how the heck does "Shirley Light Street" sound like a red light district? Is there some Brit slang for "Shirley" that I'm not familiar with???
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

lol... shirley is a neighbourhood near where I live... there is a high street... there is adry cleaners and it has got suede written on it... just that!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Ah ok sun - a place called Shirley in London - never heard of that b4!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o

The non stain fabric reference was my dirty mind Andrew lol - sorry!!! Just a joke based on what u might be doing with ur fabric fetish lol!!!! :lol: :shock: :roll: But yeah I tend to think that black jeans are made out of denim!!! :)

hahahhaha - I think it was Shirley High Street not Shirley Light Street!!! :lol: Well no, it's just that to me, in this country, the name Shirley always seems to go with some sort of tarty, hooker image type woman - I don't know why!!! :P So I wondered if it was an area known for vice hahahaha!!! Just my twisted sense of humour, don't worry!!! :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

lol... shut up! :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

ok... :cry: :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol: :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote: Well no, it's just that to me, in this country, the name Shirley always seems to go with some sort of tarty, hooker image type woman - I don't know why!!!
:shock:

I'm calling you out on that; I think there's a backstory here that needs to be shared!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

isn't that the name that Rod uses for Elton?
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Surely you can't be serious?

I am serious. And stop calling me Shirley.

(BTW, sunshine after reading your post, a very naughty image flashed through my brain, one I'm loathe to share or anticipate inadvertently repeating.)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it is! he's said it a few interviews!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

A backstory Andrew???!!!! :lol: :shock: :? :? :? Er no, well u know I am gay so if you're trying to imply that I have been messing around with some old tart called Shirley you're dead wrong lol!!!! And certainly no guys called Shirley either!!! :lol: And as Leslie Nielsen once said "and don't call me Shirley"!!!! :mrgreen: Argh - i've only just noticed u have already used that joke Andy!!! :( And Rod and Elton huh???!!! Who'd have thought it!!! :shock: :shock: :o I only ever thought he went for leggy blondes lol - not bald gnomes!!! :lol: :shock: :wink: