The other day I saw a license plate that read "DMS-1994"

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Re: The other day I saw a license plate that read "DMS-1994"

Post by SoGone »

I would never imply that you were ever involved with some chick (or trap) named Shirley!

::Flashes angelic eyes::

So Elton's a "bald gnome" now, eh? Reminds me of that line from The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle: "Elton John, hair transplant." It's a pity the Smiths weren't around then...I would love to hear what Malcolm would have had to say about Moz!
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

well maybe not a bald gnome!!! Kinda harsh, I love old Reggie really!!! :)

And i'm thinking what Malcom McClaren knows about music you write on the back of a postage stamp!!!! Very good when it comes to image, promotion, marketing and management but really his views - are they worth a lot in music???!!!! Or should I say 'were' - I guess it's wrong to speak ill of the dead!!! I quite liked him as a personality but the idea that he was some great kind of creative talent behind the pistols is a joke - he controlled them to a degree, he steered their career, he marketed them -all very important things - but he had absolutely nothing to do with the creative side - lyrics and music...!!! I guess he honed their image though so - hmm - maybe he was more important than I am giving him credit for lol!!! :? :wink:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it was a very good description, mark!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Marky, he wrote all of Bow Wow Wow's early lyrics! They were great with or without him, but still...

And he pushed the Pistols into writing Submission (admittedly, the song they gave him was a piss take on what he actually wanted...). And "Duck Rock" is a pretty good album.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

All I can say to that Andrew is - er NO!!! :)

On a rather more interesting subject, I found out recently that Andrew is THE most popular name for american boys!!! I didn't know that!!! And of course only the best people have that name!!!! :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I don't know any other Andrews! Ok, I know two...but they're both Andys. At least in western Pennsylvania, Michael is the big name.

And you don't like Bow Wow Wow? For shame!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

you will be surprised to find the most popular name in most european countries these days!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Andy/Andrew - it's all the same!!! :D :P And yes well, it means brave or something - that why it's my name too!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :roll: :wink:

tbh I know nothing about Bow Wow Wow....!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I definitely read somewhere about the popularity of the name Andrew in the US....! I see Diego is pretty popular - name of my ex !!!! :( :cry:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I'm pretty sure that "Andrew" means "dueler"...either way, it's a ridiculously ironic name for me.

I contest that Bow Wow Wow came up with some of the best pop music out there; ignore the ridiculous image and you'll find bass lines to rival Hooky.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Andrew means warlike - i think mark means brave - so i am brave and warlike roar!!! hahahaha!!! :lol: :wink: Or indeed the bass lines to rival osman!!! :lol: impossible u cry...!!!! :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:Andrew means warlike - i think mark means brave - so i am brave and warlike roar!!! hahahaha!!! :lol: :wink: Or indeed the bass lines to rival osman!!! :lol: impossible u cry...!!!! :mrgreen:
Let's be honest; Mat's a solid bass player, but has anyone ever listened to a Suede record and said, "Man, that bass line just makes the song"?

(I presume we have been fated to argue about this and similar points throughout eternity, no? :D )
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

To The Birds, He's Dead, Pantomime Horse, electricity.... Probably many others too but they are the ones straight from the top of my head!!!! The bass does make those songs and anyone who denies that is wrong!!! Maybe you could say that with such a great singer and guitarist it is not the thing u think of first but the basslines is key to all those songs - maybe it is because suede are such a good band that every key ingredient is just there working away in such perfect harmony that nothing stand's out above anything else - but take the basslines from those songs and they are nothing.... especially he's dead and especially live - the bassline in that in the solo part is totally hypnotic!!!!! :) :D