Suede books

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
winnieps

Suede books

Post by winnieps »

Hi Suede fans,
I'm currently doing research for a graduate dissertation, and my data includes chart data on Suede. I'm researching background right now, but I'm having trouble finding any books or biographies just about Suede and need some help from fans of the group. Does anyone know if there is any literature on Suede (even if it's not particularly good - although the more accurate the better). Also, if anyone could point me to a particularly good fan site, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your help and knowledge!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: Suede books

Post by sunshine »

the biography by david barnett is really good
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

http://suede-music.freeservers.com/history.html

btw the David Barnett biography (Love & Poison) is definitely worth a read - if only for the acknowledgements section and the names of a certain José and Marky!!!! :lol: No, really, it is a good read indeed!!! :mrgreen:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

There's a book with a title like "Britpop: Cool Britiannia and the Downfall Of English Rock." The opening chapters are almost exclusively Suede-related.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

shut up sun!!!! look I am up to date in my site to 'Slow Attack'!!!! what more do you want???? :( :cry: :oops: :x
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

best of
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:x
suedestation

Post by suedestation »

there was a book by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Thompson_(author) Dave Thompson that was going to be called 'An armchairs guide to suede' but I dont think it ever came out. it was going to be released by helter skelter. I helped proof read it :)
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

suedestation wrote:there was a book by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Thompson_(author) Dave Thompson that was going to be called 'An armchairs guide to suede' but I dont think it ever came out. it was going to be released by helter skelter. I helped proof read it :)
It did come out in the end... I never bought it after all the delays though and I forgot all about it... Now you've reminded me, maybe I should search for it again!!!
suedestation

Post by suedestation »

mark wrote:
suedestation wrote:there was a book by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Thompson_(author) Dave Thompson that was going to be called 'An armchairs guide to suede' but I dont think it ever came out. it was going to be released by helter skelter. I helped proof read it :)
It did come out in the end... I never bought it after all the delays though and I forgot all about it... Now you've reminded me, maybe I should search for it again!!!
let me know if you find it i would really really like to have that
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i may get it
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:D
suedestation

Post by suedestation »

LOL i spent hours helping him with that book, and only got the url to the site mentioned. No free copy either! BOO!

Where do I sign up for Suede Information Society?