Top 50 Suede songs

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
oliver_shepherd

Top 50 Suede songs

Post by oliver_shepherd »

Hello everyone. This is my first post - I have just spent the last week working out my top 50 Suede songs and written a blog about it. I'm sure nobody will agree with my choices but I'd appreciate your comments anyway. Thanks.

http://mrshepherdsdelight.blogspot.com/ ... l#comments
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Top 50 Suede songs

Post by mark »

Fucking hell mate you're scaring me!!!!! You favourite band is Suede - check!!! :) you support Sheffield Wednesday - check :) Where's King Paul Sturrock when you need him lol???!!! No in fact I rate Mr Irvine so we'll see how it goes - shame we've just got rid of Tudgay at exactly the same time as Mellor gets injured - oh and from what i've seen of him Heffernan looks like his name - a Heffer!!!! Typical also that McGovern got the winning goal yesterday - bastard!!! :( :cry:

Anyway enough of the footy, so yeah I checked out your list and looking good to me - nice to see that 'Asbestos' sneeked in there (in fact the more obscure and less loved songs from HM are amongst my favourites - that along with the likes of Savoir Faire and Hi Fi).... I don't think personally I could come up with a top 10 let alone a top 50 - I guess with a top 50 there's more room for manoeuvre but I just don't think I could actually know where to place them - so many of Suede's songs I love equally or of a similar level... Nice to see plenty of the songs from the first two albums so high up although I think i'd have to have 'Pantomime Horse' that much higher - it's probably in fact my favourite song from 'Suede'... But no it looks a very good list I couldn't have too many complaints with that - interesting that u place ANM ahead of HM in ur list of Suede albums to listen to - at times HM is my favourite of all Suede's albums to listen to - I know that's kinda weird considering overall the first 3 are their best but I guess it just depends on how you feel and what mood you're in!!! :) There's probably a few i'd nudge up a little higher (including chemistry) and it's a shame that Astrogirl didn't make it but hmm - I guess sometimes it's hard to decide what to put in or leave out... My only grumble with that list is that for me there is no way in the world Beautiful Loser would make it into that list at the expense of some of Suede's other songs - it's not even one of the better songs on ANM let alone one of Suede's best 50 (imo!)... but hey as I said generally speaking it's a great list :) Don't even bother asking someone like 'So Gone' his opinion lol because he thinks 'The Next Life' is about Suede's worst ever song - how anyone can think that is beyond my comprehension when it's one of the best songs they ever made!!!!! :shock: :o :roll: Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course!!! :roll: :wink:

oh and btw I guess for nostaligia reasons 'Trash' would have to be about at the top or near for me (fair enough u placed it at '6') simply because it was the song that made me fall in love with Suede in the first place when I was just 17!!! :)

Looking forward to Tuesday night... :) Oh and i'm so rude lol - welcome to the forum Oliver :)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Grumble.

Anyway, re: the original post, apart from The Wild Ones, The Next Life, and Killing Of A Flash Boy, that's a top 50 list I could live with. Not that my opinion matters.

::Cough::
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

omg u are so..... hmmmm :x :x :x :evil: I'm sure half the time you're just on a wind up!!! :( argh and i've only just realised that your signature makes me sound really homophobic when i'm the gay one lol - how does that work???!!!! :? :shock: :(
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I'm not on a wind-up, i can assure you of that.

I thought you always "got" the "homophobic" implications of the sig...that's why I chose it!!! The irony...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
oliver_shepherd

Post by oliver_shepherd »

Thanks for your warm welcome and comments. Nice to meet a fellow Suede/SWFC fan, I think Irvine/Father Ted has done fine so far but living in London means I don't get to see them much and a lot of people have said he's very negative.

Re. The Wild Ones - when I told a friend I was trying to work out my favourite Suede song he said 'It's got to be The Wild Ones, and I hate Suede'.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

welcome on board
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

deliver the metro nike shit to your fucking house, spam shitter!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

where did the spam shitter go lol???!!! hahaha!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

lol... has the captain been around?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yep!!!! :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

did you ask?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

he mailed me to say he thinks he's got rid of it but i told him i think he needs to remove diggclassifieds too!!!! It comes to something when the main talking point in this place is about the arseholes who spam it!!!!! :(
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

let's refocus!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

on Suede maybe???!!!! Where have all the Suede fans gone???!!!! :cry: