brixton gigs info

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
urchin

Re: brixton gigs info

Post by urchin »

Eurotrash party!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

and another one from your favourites see tickets marky!
"Suede announce three nights performing their classic albums at Brixton Academy.
Suede, whose sold out performance in December 2010 at London's 02 Arena garnered an ecstatic response from fans and critics, will release their entire studio catalogue in re-mastered and expanded versions on Demon Records in June 2011.
To celebrate the group will play three very special concerts at London's Brixton Academy in May at which they will play their first three albums and related material over the three successive nights.
Suede will perform one classic album on each date as below:
Thursday 19th May - 'Suede'
Friday 20th May - 'Dog Man Star'
Saturday 21st May - 'Coming Up'

Tickets are on sale Friday 28th January at 9am
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i think you should get it from them to be waiting until the last minute with fear! 8) :cry: :wink:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hahahaha - well seetickets are the same as gigsandtours aren't they so that is where I ordered them from lol - like most people!!! So inevitably it will be another nailbiting moment for their arrival - did you not read the email confirming the order that says you may have to wait until 48 hours before the event to receive them???!!!!! :shock: :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i wish you english cro-magnon people did print tickets! I printed my ticket for the murcia festival 1 minute after ordering it in the spanish ticketmaster!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

You can do that with my football club actually!!! :mrgreen:

But the downside is I always fear this way of doing things is more likely to lead to worsening affects of fraud - for instance if someone gets hold of your card and uses it online (and remember they don't need to know your pin number for online purchases, just the deatils on the card) at least it can be stopped as soon as the person realises it's been missing or if an 'odd' transaction appears on their bill they can query it with their bank and usually they will then nulify the transaction - but with this printing your own tickets surely that makes these things worse - the buyer instantly has the product and there is no way of halting the transaction - maybe I guess if reported as stolen or if an odd transaction is queried it could still be written off by the bank but still that bastard who's nicked your card has a free ticket instantly!!! And doesn't it make forgeries easier??? surely if u print via a normal printer it creates tickets without the security elements of authenticy such as watermarks and foil logos etc???... And also one of the main reasons these companies don't issue tickets until right at the last minute, including even in the week of the event, is to try and combat the growing trend of online touting and buying then selling tickets for an enormous profit... I know touting will always exist, but the reason always given for last minute release of tickets is to try and prevent this as much as possible and limit the amount of time people who buy to sell have to do it in... Basically, if your an honest punter like the majority of us it's annoying, but it's these bloody crooks we're trying to prevent against!!!! :( I guess the only solution is NEVER lose your card and never leave it so people can write down your details or 'memorise' them - still doesn't solve the forgery or tout isssues these companies are trying to prevent though...

And btw you made me look up the word Cro-Magnon lol!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

you will never go to bed, marky, without having learnt a new thing! :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yes, you're right sun, I learn plenty of things in my bed.... :mrgreen: :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

There's a difference between "learning" and "practicing." A subtle distinction, to be sure, but a real one.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

"to be sure"!!! do you have Irish in you???!!!!... :shock:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

No; I think I have too much of Star Wars Ep. 1 stuck in my head, though!
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmmm you are all Yoda!!!!! :)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I hate prequel Yoda. He's an arrogant tosswad.