brixton gigs info

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: brixton gigs info

Post by mark »

:shock:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Qui-Gon was the only prequel character worth anything.

Of course, George Lucas, exercising the same sort of artistic control that led to Oasis burying "Acquiesce" as a B-side, decided to kill off Qui-Gon in the very first movie, thus torpedoing any chance the next movie had of being semi-watchable.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I liked the Revenge of the Sith - was that what it was called??? When Anakin turned into Darth Vader... omg, i'm sounding like I enjoy Star Wars and that is never a good look - I can't help beinga child of the 80's, I HAD to like those films and subsequently watch the prequels too...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

The original Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are cinematic masterpieces. Jedi and Phantom have their moments. Sith comes so close...but fails.

...my very humble opinions. There was this article I read that said something along the lines of "all true Star Wars fans hate Star Wars," and it talked about how we love to bitch about all the ways George Lucas fucked up the movies. It was hilarious, and oh-so-true.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

thanks mark
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Don't be a grump sun! - go and do some marking or something!!!! :lol: 8) There's room here for Andy and his questions.... :roll: i guess.... :?
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I think we should all follow sunshine's lead and adopt ironic usernames. Mark can be "Straight 'n' Sober," and I can be "NotDanAbnormal"

Or something like that.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:lol: :mrgreen: nice idea - it's scary, it's like you've changed in the time you've been gone - you actually have some GOOD ideas now!!!!!... :shock: :?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock: :roll: my username was give to me... well, he does not need to know the story!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Yes, I do need to know the story! Please share!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote::lol: :mrgreen: nice idea - it's scary, it's like you've changed in the time you've been gone - you actually have some GOOD ideas now!!!!!... :shock: :?

...I was going to create a dummy account for the purposes of replying to this post, but it seems that I can't find the "Register" function! I'd say I'm just too dumb to find it, but I evidently did it once, so...

...or are new users now prohibited because of spamming problems?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

The captain still allows new registrations but now they have to go through him to try and prevent the spam issue - so behave yourself andy!!!! :P

as for 'sunshine' I always presumed it was because of the suede song 'instant sunshine' but maybe i'm wrong... oh and also for quite sometime I also thought sun was a girl not a boy lol - i dunno why, 'sunshine' just sounded like a girl's nickname to me - too pretty maybe!!!! :roll: (the name is too pretty sounding i meant, not josé!!!)... :shock:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

well, I won't! it was one of my first suede moments back in time... instant sunshine was released much later!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Ok - this is what i'm guessing it was sun - I bet it was something like "ooooh i was talking to brett for the first time many years ago backstage and he was so lovely and loved me because I was such a sweet, happy spanish boy wearing brightly coloured clothes that he commented that I was "like a ray of sunshine that brightens the day"!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :roll: :P :P :P Am I close???!!!!!!!! Brett loves José, Brett loves José!!!!! :P :lol: :shock: :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

whatever...
support at brixton: http://www.chapelclub.com/

i bet they will play the same songs all 3 nights!!!
:lol: