Solo Brett Vs Suede

For all your discussions about Brett's solo career.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: Solo Brett Vs Suede

Post by sunshine »

but it is true!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

OK!!!! :) I will look forward to that!!!! sounds intriguing!!!! Mayba re-issue as u say or perhaps a live album!!!! :)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

we will be happy, whatever it is
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:
oh and btw Andrew u SHOULD buy it - the new remastering is cool - I think the bass and drum sound is markedly enhanced and Saturday Night almost sounds like a different song altogether in the mix!!! Most importantly the slip case, design, sleeves notes and photo's make it a great package - so shell out boy!!! anyway at £8.95 it's hardly expensive - even for a poor smalltown american boy!!! :) :wink:

Oh and u don't need to duck any stones from me!!! I agree about Suede BUT - I also think HCTT is a great album and I was literally obsessed with it throughout 2005!!! It was my album to get drunk and party to!!! I'd stay up drinking and singing into the mid morning listening to that on my days off lol!!! :lol: :shock: :o :roll: :oops:
I confess to not hearing a difference in most remasters...and when I do, it's usually dismay because the "Loudness Wars" change the sound all right, just in a negative way... :shock:

Ok, yes, you make me envious with the photos and all (I'm a sucker for great packaging; the 10th anniversary Manics releases are beautiful things), but, but...that's the American equivalent of 9 pounds (euros? I don't keep track of things like that!), that I could use to purchase music that's...inferior to Suede, but at least something I don't already have! :D :shock:

I really dig the Tears album; it's like a delicious cross between the lyrics and vocals of A New Morning and the music from Coming Up. "Refugees" bests most of Suede's singles (treason yet again?) Though I can't picture getting drunk and partying to the second half, whatever turns you on! :D :P :shock: :lol:
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hahhahahaha!!! well i think partying was the wrong word - just singing along to HCTT - whether upbeat or ballads u name it it didn't matter!!!! :) But I was often wasted and singing to it!!! :)

'Refugees' reminds me of 'Trash' and I really like it a lot but saying it is better than Suede's singles is a bit much - maybe there are a few I would say it is better than... And a mix of CU and ANM is actually a fairly neat description for it I think...

And I love the logic of rather buying something inferior to Suede because it is original - even if it's not as good!!! But I know what u mean!!!! :D
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

"'Cause we're all refugees/And we're all drifting like leaves/But like Bonnie and Clyde, we're free/Don't say there's nothing between us."

Man, I love those lines...I guess if "Trash" is most Suede fans' anthem, then "Refugees" is mine. I love 'em both, of course...but "Refugees" is one of those rare tracks I can just put on repeat for hours at a time...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

good choice, SG
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:D
sunshine
Flight attendant