:(

For all your discussions about Brett's solo career.
mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5865
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: :(

Post by mark »

Well Brett says that he thinks the Royal Albert Hall show is probably the best the band have ever played so are you trying to say that Brett himself is wrong about his own band's performances??? Surely he should know better than anyone else!!! :roll: :x

Really I don't think u can have an opinion unless you were actually there!!!! The youtube footage is great alrioght but of course has nothing to compare with actually being there!!!! And Suede rocked so much they sent Roger Daltry running for cover because he couldn't cope with the noise!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

sunshine
Flight attendant
Posts: 7591
Joined: 14 Feb 2002, 01:00

Re: :(

Post by sunshine »

it has to be said that their latest shows before the split and the ones after have been the best

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5865
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: :(

Post by mark »

see Andrew???!!! And José should know because he's been to more Suede gigs than virtually every other Suede fan combined!!! :lol: José IS SUEDE!!! :mrgreen: I think we should actually call you 'Mr Suede', sun! 8) :mrgreen:

sunshine
Flight attendant
Posts: 7591
Joined: 14 Feb 2002, 01:00

Re: :(

Post by sunshine »

there are others who have attended much more than me!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5865
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: :(

Post by mark »

come on u must have some idea how many times u have been to see them though???... I mean this will only be my 4th time that i've seen them (if my damn tickets actually ever arrive!!! :( )

sunshine
Flight attendant
Posts: 7591
Joined: 14 Feb 2002, 01:00

Re: :(

Post by sunshine »

a few more than you... i find it vain saying

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5865
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: :(

Post by mark »

hmmm - but then we can finally prove once and for all that because of all the shows you have been to u know what you're talking about and Andrew knows nothing!!! :lol: :mrgreen: But then we know that already!!! :)

sunshine
Flight attendant
Posts: 7591
Joined: 14 Feb 2002, 01:00

Re: :(

Post by sunshine »

8)

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: :(

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:Well Brett says that he thinks the Royal Albert Hall show is probably the best the band have ever played so are you trying to say that Brett himself is wrong about his own band's performances??? Surely he should know better than anyone else!!! :roll: :x

Really I don't think u can have an opinion unless you were actually there!!!! The youtube footage is great alrioght but of course has nothing to compare with actually being there!!!! And Suede rocked so much they sent Roger Daltry running for cover because he couldn't cope with the noise!!! :lol: :mrgreen:
I guess that means we have to forget about Stay Together and A New Morning, since Brett's slagged both of 'em off before...shame, because I really love them both...

As far as I'm concerned (and I know many/most people would disagree), there's not really much of a difference between being at a gig and hearing it on bootleg. Sure, when you hear it on tape, you're missing the crowds and the "thrill" of being in the presence of the band and the long waits and traffic and all...but those are all basically unimportant distractions from the actual music, imvho. It's why I don't go to many shows.

Admittedly, though, yes, if Suede came here, I'd want to go see them...but if I missed the gig, it wouldn't really devastate me.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: :(

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:see Andrew???!!! And José should know because he's been to more Suede gigs than virtually every other Suede fan combined!!!
:roll:

I'm just going to say that I have this boot from a very early Suede show; it's incomplete and has only about eight songs (so many it's not incomplete...maybe they were just playing short shows them), but every single performance destroys the studio versions...and that's just not something I can say about the later shows I've heard.

Again, for most people, it's different actually being at a gig...but I find it difficult to listen to the actual music at most shows.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: :(

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:hmmm - but then we can finally prove once and for all that because of all the shows you have been to u know what you're talking about and Andrew knows nothing!!!

Someday I will find an Internet forum at which I can reach 200 posts without the general consensus being that I know nothing.

I've tried upwards of twenty in my lifetime, with no success. But I will keep trying.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

mark
Flight attendant
Posts: 5865
Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 06:00
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: :(

Post by mark »

You are totally, totally TOTALLY mental lol!!! :lol: Being there is COMPLETELY different to listening to a bootleg - completely!!! Not only do you get the amazing experience of actually being there but the sound is totally different - it was a million times louder in the hall for a start than comes across on video... I was actually going to ask if you've ever been to a gig before!!! You would rather sit alone in ur bedroom playing with yourself listening to a ropey bootleg than actually going to the show :? :shock: Totally mad, now I know why I disagree with 99% of things you say because quite clearly you have no sanity at all!!! i'm actually scared now!!! :shock:

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: :(

Post by SoGone »

Well, I hate loud volume, so that's just another reason for me not to go to gigs.

I've given up on gigs for the reasons I listed earlier.

Listening to tunes while jerking off in your bedroom's fine, but music's at its best when you're in motion; walking around, driving around...those are the moments that make life worthwhile.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

sunshine
Flight attendant
Posts: 7591
Joined: 14 Feb 2002, 01:00

Re: :(

Post by sunshine »

is he being serious about the bootleg? :shock:

SoGone
Flight attendant
Posts: 2995
Joined: 27 May 2010, 12:13
Location: Nowhere town

Re: :(

Post by SoGone »

Yes, he is.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!

Post Reply