Words whose use should lead to the death penalty...

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
mark
Flight attendant

Words whose use should lead to the death penalty...

Post by mark »

They always (often!) seem to be 'americanisms'!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The following words should automatically result in the death penalty if used in general conversation - damn it, ANY conversation!!!! :x :x :x :x We'll work out which forms of execution (firing squad, electric chair, hanging, decapititaion, lethal injection...) should apply to which words used later on!...

DUDE
BRO
AWESOME
DARN

Please feel free to suggest any to add to the list you feel are worthy of the death penalty for usage...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Re: Words whose use should lead to the death penalty...

Post by SoGone »

...can't you use "darn" in the context of creating clothing?

Otherwise, I tend to agree. "Awesome" and "dude" are ok when used very, very sparingly. But there's no excuse for "bro," and "darn" is such a weak substitution for "damn" that it boggles.

It's almost as bad as Jacko singing "The doggone girl is mind" instead of just saying "Goddamn."
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I hate the overuse of "so," as in "I would so do [fill in the blank]." I use it myself online, but in a strictly ironic sense.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

even if jacko sang goddamn I think it would be an AWFUL lyric lol!!! (and yeah, I use lol waaaaaaaaaaaay too much that it's kinda annoying but, really, i'm not ready to go to heaven.... tonight - even though my bicycle won't fly!!!).... :(

That's weird about the 'so', I use a lot of expressions online that I would NEVER use in real life too!!!... :shock: :?

Oh and yes 'darn' as in the clothing context is acceptable!!! :D

I HATE 'awesome' with a vengeance!!!! A guy from california I used to chat with online used to call everything, EVERYTHING 'awesome'... "I woke up this morning and it was so awesome because i had such an awesome sleep and it felt so awesome to wake up and go online and talk to my awesome friends... later i'll go for a walk, the weather is so awesome, I might go to the beach, which will be awesome, and tomorrow i'm going to see this awesome movie - and you my friend are soooooooo AWESOME"!!! :x :x :x :x arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! die, die, die, kill, kill, kill!!! I HATE such falseness - they never mean it, anything that is 'good' or 'ok' or 'nice' is never those things - it ALWAYS has to be 'AWESOME'!!!!... :x :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

babe
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Well, yeah, "The Girl Is Mine" is fucking horrible, the one dud on that album...but "goddamn" would have at least made it sort of funny.

I'm definitely guilty of exaggerating things (especially online)...as with "so," it's really the overuse that kills it for me. The same way there's a difference between using "like" as an occasional filler and using it as a substitute for an intake of breath.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

ta
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote: anything that is 'good' or 'ok' or 'nice' is never those things

Don't get John Lydon started on the word "nice."
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

super
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

super is a 'posh' word!!! :lol: I love watching Lydon rant, he always comes across as a bit of a prick when he goes off on one but somehow it makes you love him all the more.... Lydon for PM, actually as he is in LA, how about Lydon for president???!!! What do you think - an english president - soon everyone would be saying cor blimey guv'nor, apples and pairs mate!!! Or something... :shock: :roll: :? Or maybe So Gone for president???!!!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I agree about Lydon 100%! His "autobiography" is hilarious.

He could never be president due to a stupid clause in our Constitution, but I'd vote for him for governor if he lived in my state.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

mate :lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:mrgreen: :wink:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:lol:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

me ol' china!!! :shock: I'm guessing that's cockney rhyming slang for mate? - guessing china means 'china plate' = 'mate'!!!... i need to do my cockney research... been spending far too much time researching other types of cock... ney!!! :shock: :roll: