The Twilight appreciation thread

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

The Twilight appreciation thread

Post by SoGone »

LOL
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: The Twilight appreciation thread

Post by mark »

I thought maybe you were being sarcastic, now I know you were, I haven't seen it so I can't comment, but if it's buffy type shit I won't be bothering... looks like some annoying, smug american teen movie... :(
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

...apart from Kristen Stewart being shag-worthy, there's absolutely nothing about the whole thing that interests me.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

wow, I was shocked at the title, I'm so relieved. phew.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:D (shup, sunshine!)... :roll:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

car wash *unt wrote:wow, I was shocked at the title, I'm so relieved. phew.

I don't think you appreciate how much I'm enthralled by you. Do you realize that there is not a single American female for whom all of the following hold true:

- Hates twilight
- Hates dogs
- Hates old people
- Likes Suede/Brett Anderson

...car wash *unt, my love for you grows daily.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so unloved, sigh!!! :(
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

You should have been born a girl, instead of this mess of a man.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

TIMTTMY isn't such a great album!!!... :cry: No I wish you had been born gay!!!! :D Although yeah if I was a girl it would be easier - I could have my man and babies too!!!! :) :shock: :roll: :? :? :?
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I <3 TIMTTMY. Definitely better than Generation Terrorists or anything that came afterwards.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

TIMTTMY is probably one of the most patchy of ALL the Manics albums!!! how can u say that???!!!... Generation Terrorists is probably the best thing they've done overall, although I love both of the first two albums and Everything Must Go... And yeah sorry, Know YOUR Enemy is a better more consitant album than that one!!! There are way too many tracks on that album that have to be skipped - Be Natural, Black Dog On Your Shoulder, Tender and Tired - EVEN Born A Girl!!!!... If you really think TIMTTMY is better than Generation Terrorists you are jnot a Manics fan!!!!... Even for You Love Us, Motorcycle Emptiness, Stay Beautiful, So Dead and Little Baby Nothing alone there is not one song on TIMTTMY album that can come close to matching those songs!!!!... Don't get me wrong, I love Tolerate, The Everlasting, Ready For Drowning, Tsunami - even SYMM... But sorry none of those songs can match the first album or even God Against The Soul.... Holy Bible is a weird one because everyone adores it but for me it is such a kinda difficult listen - just because of the whole atmosphere and feeling of the album and subject matter - i'm not too keen on being tortured when I listen to music!!!!.... I like parts of it but i'm not the hugest fan.....
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I love Be Natural, You're Tender & You're Tired, and Born a Girl!!!!

It's not that I dislike Generation Terrorists; on the contrary, I quite like it, and Motorcycle Emptiness, Little Baby Nothing, Slash 'n' Burn, & Crucifix Kiss are among my favorite Manics tracks. It's a great album, but shadowed by what came afterwards.

Know Your Enemy, for me, is the "A New Morning" of Manics albums...good, sometimes great songs, ruined by limp performances and lifeless production.

On any given day, I could cite GATS, THB, EMG, or TIMTTMY as my favorite Manics album, just as I could go between the first four Suede releases...I love 'em all. I've never found THB as harrowing as some people make it out to be; I think EMG is the real downer of Manics albums, despite the poppy tunes.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

As usual you're wrong!...
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Grumble.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

grumble, grumble!!!! :)