You Belong To Me....

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
mark
Flight attendant

You Belong To Me....

Post by mark »

The best song on 'A New Morning'???...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: You Belong To Me....

Post by sunshine »

lost on tv or oceans
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Well I really like You Belong To Me, always have done, never understood why it's a 'bonus' track... :roll: :? I kinda agree with you but also Astrogirl and Obsessions are great... Even 'Lonely Girls' is one I really love...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i know... sometimes the tracklists are weird
car wash *unt
Passenger (Economy)

Post by car wash *unt »

Oceans, Obsessions, untitled.
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

morning
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I like the way you said 'morning' like it is a greeting to car wash *unt but also of course it is the song title!!!... good one sun!!! :lol: 8) Oh and what is the point in Untitled and Morning being co-joined???... never understood that! Also the fact that songs like Forest Lullaby and Symmetry are no on the actual solo albums and instead just bonus downloads... especially as Forest Lullaby is such a beautiful song (along with P. Marius the only other song to actually make me cry!!!)...

Oh and another pertinent question - why did I post this here instead of in 'suede chat'???!!!... :shock: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :(
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i agree about the joining them together... what was the point?

and true about the brett ones too!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

car wash *unt wrote:Oceans, Obsessions, untitled.

Subsitute "Morning" for "untitled" and I'll agree with that. But You Belong To Me would be #4.

I will never forgive them for burying not only the album's best song but also one of their all-time best after a twenty-minute silence...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

the depot was fun
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

So if we made oceans a normal rather than 'hidden' track, you belong to me normal rather than bonus and split up morning and untitled would it be an improvement???... i guess it would only make a slight difference, but hey I still think it's a good album...

and for me my favourite tracks are obsessions, lonely girls, lost in tv and astrogirl... and despite the criticism positivty is nice... oh and oceans yeah...!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

some agreement after all! :lol:
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

mark wrote:So if we made oceans a normal rather than 'hidden' track, you belong to me normal rather than bonus and split up morning and untitled would it be an improvement???... i guess it would only make a slight difference, but hey I still think it's a good album...

and for me my favourite tracks are obsessions, lonely girls, lost in tv and astrogirl... and despite the criticism positivty is nice... oh and oceans yeah...!!!

...given that the only way to be able to listen to Oceans with any degree of normalcy is to edit the track with software and reburn the CD...yes, that would be an improvement! I don't really "get" why You Belong To Me is a "bonus track," and given that there's no ridiculous silence there, I don't care what you call it...

There's honestly not a single track on ANM that I actually dislike...but there are a few tracks that could be bumped to B-sides without losing too much, if length was a problem...
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

that made me go and watch the 'secret' positivity in the lost on tv dvd... good memories
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Oh yeah sun, I quite liked the original version of Positivity too - with the line "and where your mind is your masterpiece, your limosine is the streets"... I've been thinking recently about uploading some of the Suede demo's and alternative versions from 'See You In The Next Life' for youtube videos - I might do that in future...

Oh and the reason Andy 'You Belong To Me' was a 'bonus track' is because it was only featured on the 'special edition' first run of cd's pressed - latest copies don't feature the song but as far as I know 'Oceans' is still included as a 'hidden track' on later versions.... Of course 'You Belong To Me' should have been on all copies of the album as a track in it's own right!!!!... :roll: