Thread to hate on REM

Anything goes, all topics are allowed in this forum!
For general chat and meetups, please post here.
SoGone
Flight attendant

Thread to hate on REM

Post by SoGone »

God, what a shitty band. It's not so much that they're "boring" as that so much of their output is just a tuneless morass of "jangly guitars" and a plodding rhythm section with one of the most annoying singers this side of Bono (I'm talking about lyrics, or lack thereof, and the delivery that says absolutely nothing).

That said, "Fall On Me" is a corker, one of my favorite singles by anyone. Shame everything else they did was so bloody horrible.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Thread to hate on REM

Post by mark »

REM were an ok band, i'm not the huge fan that many people seem to be and don't even have any songs on my ipod but they'll still ok.... I actually quite liked them when they performed Man On The Moon at Live 8... Oh and whiny, annoying voice right??? - Similar to your singing???!!!!... :lol: :roll: :P
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

My singing beats the shit out of Michael Stipe's. And my voice is shite.

I fuckin' hate Man On The Moon. I used to like the version they played with Springsteen during one of the Vote For Change concerts. Now I don't.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmm.... :roll: