reissues info

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

reissues info

Post by sunshine »

mark
Flight attendant

Re: reissues info

Post by mark »

what they will give the tracklistings out on Tuesday???!!!! :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it looks like it
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

is it me, or have dates changed now?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

yeah, shit it's been moved back a month!!!! :( should have been the end of May the first release now it's the end of June!!!! :( The 'Suede' and 'dog Man Star' pacakges look fucking great, especially the concert dvds - shame much of the later stuff (particularly of HM and ANM) are concerts already broadcast or available - but still the whole packages look fucking amazing!!!... Can't wait now!!!!! :) :D :D :D :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i was thinking some of the stuff in the last 2 was out there already!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Yeah it is... not so good really but still a few bits of unreleased concert footage... and at least we finally get studio versions of refugees and music like sex!!!! :D :D :D Should have had ICA stuff on the ANM release!!!! :D It looks to be pretty much every single Suede song that was ever officially released over these 5 albums though - stay together, attitude and love the way you love are there along with all the b-sides - it is the ultimate Suede collection!!! :D :D :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

yeap! annoyed the last one will be out when i am gone home for the summer holidays! i will have to have it delivered there!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it makes more sense now! It has been put back to what it was! I was finding it weird to release the album in the middle of the week!
some albino
Passenger (Business Class)

Post by some albino »

I just can't take it! It is all too much!!!

I might as well die now peacefully. All is fulfilled. Amen.

THANK YOU SUEDE
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

hehe :P
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

brett has replied to some of the fans 'questions/moans':

http://forum.suede.co.uk/read.php?2,16843,page=2

Re: Reissues new
Posted by: brett anderson
Date: March 08, 2011 02:03PM
Answers to some of your questions

The DMS period gig from october 1994 in Paris was Richard's first ever with the band and so it seemed appropriate that it should be on the Coming Up re-issue as it was with that line-up even though it featured songs from the previous album.

Digging a Hole and Weight of the World were not included due to lack of space. There are only 80 minutes of space on a cd and too many b-sides from that period to fit them all on. Even though these songs were released as Suede songs, they were essentially Neil's solo material, all written and performed entirely by him. Therefore they seemed the least relevant to a Suede re-issue and so were the first to see the gleam of the editors knife.

The omission of other material ( Be My God, the Down demo etc, etc) was also due to lack of space. The songs we eventually included , although often sketchier and more lo-fi, seemed more interesting.

Music Like Sex is included on the HM re-issue as the song was originally written during that period but not revived and finished until later.

I hope you will all enjoy these re-issues. I think there's some absolutely fantastic stuff on there . Personal favourites include the full length Asphalt World, the version of Just A Girl with Justine singing backing vocals, the Paris gig of 1993 when the original line-up played songs from DMS for the first time live, the 96 Roundhouse show, mine and Richard's 4 track demo of Beautiful Ones and a hilarious stage invasion of the Black Session in Paris in 99 .

Some of it sounds very rough and sketchy but the whole point of this for me was to show a glimpse behind the mask.

Thanks

Brett
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

He's fucking great isn't he?????!!!!!... :)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

indeed... but a few news on the solo stuff would be much appreciated too!
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

He's a legend. I am am practically wetting myself in anticipation of these falling through my letterbox!