Brixton - Who's going and where are you staying?

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
metalmickey

Brixton - Who's going and where are you staying?

Post by metalmickey »

One month to go exactly to the first Brixton gig, so it would be fun to know who's going and where people are staying :)

My girlfriend and I are attending all 3 Brixton gigs, and are arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving again Sunday afternoon. We'll be staying at the Park Plaza Victoria.
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Brixton - Who's going and where are you staying?

Post by mark »

Well sunshine lives in London so I guess he'll be staying in his house lol!!!... :P

Haven't actually booked anywhere yet which is a bit naughty but probably be staying in a guest house/hotel in Victoria as usual...
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

I'm London based too.

Mark - I'd suggest you consider avoiding Victoria tube station as access is a bit of an issue at the moment:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/n ... 19317.aspx
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

haha... indeed... I am staying home! 1 train station and the tram.

yes, mark, victoria is chaos now... you have to walk around the whole station to get out!
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

I normally have to walk around the station, because when I arrive it's closed already, :mrgreen: but they don't fly in the evenings any more, but only in the early morning, which actually is quite annoying.

Ah, and I stay at a friend's. 8) :D
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

oh fucking hell!!!... I always stay in Victoria because of the coach station!!!!... soooooo hmmm - what is the nearest tube station to Victoria by foot???.... Any ideas???!!!!... So wtf does the escalators have to do with there being ticketing or no ticketing???!!!... How the hell do you get to the platforms and around the station and can you still buy tickets there or am I wasting my time???!!!!... And also, why the fuck does it take 9 months to replace three escalators??!!!!... :shock: :?

Now i'm in disarray because i have to use the Victoria line to get to Brixton soooooooo if I wanna avoid using Victoria station, the next nearest on that same line is Green Park... So how the hell do I get back to Green Park by foot???!!!!... :( :?

Basically I think i'm gonna have to still use the station - only one escaltor will be shut but obviously as they say it's gonna cause congestion so i'll just have to try and leave earlier than I was planning before the show... But what do you mean about having to walk right round the station sun???.... I know when the it gets late at night they close the shopping centre part of the station off and you have to walk around... Basically other than it being busier than usual and expecting delays I need to know if it will still be ok to use the station without too many other troubles - I can buy a tube ticket earlier in the day if the ticketing is closed in weekday evenings... But what do you mean about walking round the station and things???... Basically I have to stay in Victoria as I come down on the coach so I haven't too many options and obviously Victoria Station was the one I was planning on using...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

omg this is so fucking shit!!!! It says about possibly having to wait outside the station to prevent overcrowding and it taking up to 15 minutes to reach a platform at peak times!!!!... all because of one escalator being out of use!!!!... hmmm... It suggests taking a bus to Green Park if wanting to use Victoria line.... omg headaches - thanks for letting me know Gareth!!!... :)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

i will research when I get back
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

It's only one of the three escalators that are shut soooooooo i'm guessing it will just cause delays - so i'll leave earlier.... unless i do the whole bus to green park thing - i dunno.... thanks sun...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:wink:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

so i'll probably just go and leave plenty of extra time...
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

No need to panic - it's only a 15 minute walk from Victoria to Pimlico station if there is a problem and it looks a nice easy route. Don't think you'll have a problem getting out at Victoria after the gigs anyway, but just be prepared for them block all entry at Victoria if it gets particularly busy. There'll be plenty of buses you can get too I'm sure.

Gareth.
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

thanks - yeah I was thinking about alternatives - be nice to know how to get to Pimlico from Victoria by foot though!!!!... Anyway, as it says it's only one of the three escalators shut so i'm guessing it will just be minor delays and filtering of passengers through the ticket gates and onto the escalators... The closing of the ticket hall during peak hours should make it slightly less intense hopefully!!!!...
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

haha... i remember once when I got locked out at rush hour... it was my first time, but I got scared!
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

The closing of the ticket hall during peak hours should make it slightly less intense hopefully!!!!
Don't bet on it - only tourists buy tickets these days. Route from Victoria to Pimlico looks dead simple, take a look on Google maps.