2022 10 06 Electric Ballroom

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
sunshine
Flight attendant

2022 10 06 Electric Ballroom

Post by sunshine »

SO on the second London night they did this amazing show
Autofiction: She Still Leads Me On, Personality Disorder, 15 Again, The Only Way I Can Love You, That Boy on the Stage, Drive Myself Home, Black Ice, Shadow Self, It's Always the Quiet Ones, What Am I Without You?, Turn Off Your Brain and Yell
Hits: Hollywood Life, We R Pigs, Outsiders, Starts & Ends, Trash, Can'tGtenuf, To the Birds, Life Is Golden, So Young, Mickey, Animal Nitrate
Encore: Beautiful Ones
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: 2022 10 06 Electric Ballroom

Post by sunshine »

Some pics
Attachments
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 01.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 01.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 02.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 02.jpg (42.8 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 03.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 03.jpg (44.95 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 04.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 04.jpg (25.9 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 05.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 05.jpg (45.26 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 06.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 06.jpg (47.63 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 07.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 07.jpg (50.5 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 08.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 08.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 09.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 09.jpg (40.88 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 10.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 10.jpg (38.19 KiB) Viewed 280 times
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 11.jpg
2022 10 06 electric ballroom 11.jpg (49.92 KiB) Viewed 280 times
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

October 7, 2022
'Raucous Suede rock Camden's Electric Ballroom'
Gary Pearson
Pace, passion and genuine panache, Suede are back with a rather loud bang.
The five-piece were on top form, not seen for decades, as they literally rocked the **** out of a night, billed as an ’intimate’ gig, at the Electric Ballroom, Camden.
Intimate, well, maybe. Raucous certainly.
Suede are not messing about with this comeback.
First up they knocked out all the tracks on their latest, and ninth, studio album Autofiction – arguably their best work since the Coming Up days of almost three
Fans new and old, about 1,000 in total, lapped up the second show in as many nights at the legendary London haunt, with the band now set to jet off for a series of sold-out intimate gigs across Europe.
Then it’s back for the box office British tour, starting next March – note, extra dates have already been added...
Musically Suede are peaking in a punchy moment. It seems they have gone back to basics, back to the rehearsal studio, back to five guys knocking out potential hits for fun.
Stand-out songs from the new album on the night were the gorgeous She Still Leads Me On and the in-your-face Shadow Self.
What Am I without You has hints of vintage Suede reflective beauty, while The Only Way I can Love You, sparkles on the album, but didn’t quite reproduce live. But hey, I’ll give it another chance when I see them again.
After the hour-long Autofiction fix, then came the (first) encore, of no less than 11 (yes 11!), classic Suede tunes through the eras, which almost lifted the Ballroom roof.
True fans were in for a treat, none more so than the epic To The Birds, one of the B-sides on their first single The Drowners (1992). You can’t mention the B word without a significant nod to the band’s original lead guitarist Bernard Butler, who along with frontman Brett Anderson crafted this timeless gem. As they did the winding, jolt-thumbing, early days giant, Metal Mickey, which was the stand-out song on the night.
Now late into the evening they all still had enough in the locker for another encore – and a final goodbye was said to London (for now) in the form of a rousing rendition of Beautiful Ones, from the third album Coming Up (1996). Back then that album was a comeback of epic proportions for the boys, after many had written them off.
Fast forward, no less than 26 years, and forget coming up… it’s coming back bolder that this band clearly buzzes on.

Setlist:
New album Autofiction in full:

She Still Leads Me On
Personality Disorder
15 Again
The Only Way I Can Love You
That Boy on the Stage
Drive Myself Home
Black Ice
Shadow Self
It's Always the Quiet Ones
What Am I Without You?
Turn Off Your Brain and Yell

Hits:

This Hollywood Life
We Are the Pigs
Outsiders
It Starts and Ends With You
Trash
Can't Get Enough
To the Birds
Life Is Golden
So Young
Metal Mickey
Animal Nitrate

Encore:

Beautiful Ones
videovor.com/es/end?id=43xptlcx82
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

Oct 10, 2022
Suede delight Camden with their new sound and timeless energy
4 / 5 stars
Suede stormed the Electric Ballroom in London's Camden, with the highly anticipated showcase of their ninth album Autofiction. This was an intimate setting for a band of their stature and the two nights here sold out in twenty seconds, leading to a much larger venue tour next Spring- with extra nights added to cope with the huge demand.
By BRENDAN SHARP
'Their energy will surely transfer effortlessly to the grander stages of their tour next year' (Image: Paul Khera )
Showing an impressive resilience as pioneers of the hedonistic Britpop scene of the early Nineties, and brushing shoulders with the likes of Oasis, Pulp and Blur, with Camden at the forefront of the scene, this is a special show indeed. Lead Singer Brett Anderson has lost none of his flair or ferocity and is still an incredible showman, leaping around the stage and into the crowd as if no time has passed since their heyday.
Rock and Roll has clearly not ravaged his chiselled looks, and he’s as fit as a fiddle displaying all his signature snake hipped moves. Starting the set by playing their new album in full, they show off their ambitious punk-inspired dynamic new sound.
A cult following in the audience were clearly just as delighted to hear this new direction as they were their old classics, despite the album only being out for a matter of weeks.
Anderson was the born-again punk showman, full of energy and movement and firing on all cylinders in this sweaty raw environment.
One of the highlights was the new song She Still Leads Me On, with it’s tortured refrain and bittersweet lyric ‘Yes, in many, many ways I’m still a young boy, with all those questions in my petrol blue eye’.
Moving on to their classics, We Are The Pigs resonates with the edgy Camden crowd with its anti-establishment message.
Trash has the biggest singalong with the crowd, with the lyrics seeming even more apt for the current image centric culture we live in, the ‘Litter on the breeze’.
Their energy will surely transfer effortlessly to the grander stages of their tour next year, with two nights at the iconic Brixton Academy in March definitely not to be missed.
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... gGHIHYAZUQ