Suede article in Uncut May issue

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
kats_d

Suede article in Uncut May issue

Post by kats_d »

Pretty good article in the latest issue of Uncut magazine. Goes back to their first gigs in 1992. I'll scan it and post it here, but won't be able to do that until next Wednesday, when I'm back at work...
asphalt girl

Re: Suede article in Uncut May issue

Post by asphalt girl »

how many pages ... i mean, is it worth buying considering is costs an arm and a leg here in copenhagen. got the new nme - with the suede article - and next week's one is with a review - nme costs approx. 3 quid here - can't remember the price of uncut - haven't bought it for a while, but probably 5-6 quid ..
kats_d

Post by kats_d »

asphalt girl wrote:how many pages ... i mean, is it worth buying considering is costs an arm and a leg here in copenhagen. got the new nme - with the suede article - and next week's one is with a review - nme costs approx. 3 quid here - can't remember the price of uncut - haven't bought it for a while, but probably 5-6 quid ..
It's four pages long, but most of it are old pictures from '92 that we would have already seen, good to see them again though... quite a few of Brett bare-chested or in his open ladie's shirts...! There is very, very little text. I'll definitely scan it, you can then decide whether to buy it or not. I found there was lots of other interesting stuff in there, what with Alex Chilton's recent death etc.
asphalt girl

Post by asphalt girl »

no i'll get it - will probably be in the shops here by next week sometime .. if it had just been what i call "matchbox" size then i would definitely not have bought it .. could you keep me updated on any other mags i should get - pls .. i mean, next week - so far - nme (rah review) on wednesday - uncut
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

not worth the money... we have seen those before
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Unlike some i'll reserve judgement till I read the article - wow sun you seem to have already made your mind up!!!!! Then again I don't buy any music magazines any more!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

I don't think there was any article! It was mainly photos!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

fair enough!!!! Uncut and Vox both did brilliant long indepth articles on Suede with some great pix back in the 90's but I stupidly wanted all the pics back then for a scrapbook so chopped them to bits!!! How fucking stoopid is that??? regretted it afterwards!!!! :cry: :x
Gareth
Passenger (Economy)

Post by Gareth »

I reckon I've got almost every major Suede magazine article from 96 - 03 and a few from before, so I might get the scanner out at some point. It's buried deep amongst the junk under my bed at the moment...
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

cool - that would be great to read those again... I've got virtually nothing in any kind of condition anymore....

Used to love Vox magazine too - even though it was made by those arseholes nme!!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:shock:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

no need for the shock sun - vox was a very good read by decent journalists - I know that may seem difficult to comprehend bearing in mind I am talking about nme journalists...!!!!
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

:roll: :x
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

you pissed with me lol???!!! :shock: :roll:
sunshine
Flight attendant