new show

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
mark
Flight attendant

Re: new show

Post by mark »

I wasn't trying to scare him!!! I just suddenly remembered him and that we used to talk - you're only jealous because i've found another friend on here that isn't u...!!!! :lol: :shock: :wink: :evil:
layabout

Post by layabout »

I too am happy suede are back, as I have followed them from the start. Though I must say, I wish I never bought their last LP- it was awful bar a couple of tunes.
I dearly want to see Suede again, I missed the RAH show. The trouble is the choice of venue, also doing a greatest hits gig is somewhat against what Suede were about in the past.
Mind you, hopefully it will get the record companies interested and Suede may then make another LP.
I hope this is their plan and not some horrid smash and grab.
I think the chances of Butler joining them on stage are nil. He wouldn't even join Morrissey for a gig I doubt he will join his old band, The tears anyone?
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

hmmm interesting!

yes well Butler I think has made that clear already and think there is still far too much baggage for the other Suede members with that...

Well Suede aren't doing all greatest hits in their recent shows - they have been throwing in some non single album tracks and the odd b-side too...!! I think Brett and the boys were so shocked at the reaction to the RAH show they have wanted to do more themselves anyway - they seemed genuinely touched by the crowd response... I don't think this is just a case of "the offers are on the table" ££££ - so they'll go for it - I think there has been a genuine desire from them to do more anyway...

Still unsure about the possibility of a new album amongst all this - what with Brett working on his next solo, Richard still working on new stuff with Sean McGhee and Simon back in Thailand with Goo.... But we will see...!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Having ordered my tickets i'm already incredibly excited about this o2 show - 8 months of excitement - can I stand that???!!!!

Who would've thought this time last year that in 2010 not only would I get the opportunity to see Brett live but also Suede twice!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

It's so great for you and all of us, of course! 8) :D
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

who would have thought!
greasy_lover

Post by greasy_lover »

mark wrote:I remember when u used to post !!!! Think I talked with u a few times in the past - either here or suede.net!!!! Welcome back anyway mate!!!! Wow think it is years since I spoke with u...!!!! :shock:

Don't know what's scarier - the fact that you're back or the fact that I rememeber u!!!! :shock: My memory is really hazy about things but didn't you used to have a list of Suede songs to download or something? - i'm sure that was you!!!! It was called Jules something or other???!!!!

Think I even remember seeing your pic!!! u had glasses or something at the time didn't you???! wow this IS a blast from the past!!! I might have one or two things wrong but I definitely remember talking with you before...!

Welcome back anyway mate!!!!
I did used to have a load of Suede bootlegs on my website, which unfortunately no longer exists. I used to wear glasses but have since had my eyes lasered, so you may not recognise me now :-)

I came across my CD of Suede bootlegs when I was moving house a while ago, so if I can dig it out I might be able to resurrect the download of them!

Jules
Dogmanstar

Post by Dogmanstar »

I just got my ticket! I'll be seeing them for the 2nd time this year! Pure bliss! I bought mine from the 02 Arena site, does anybody of you happen to know if they're delivering the tickets within the next days or is there a chance that they're going to deliver them only a few days before the gig? :?:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

hmm... depends... sometimes they come like 3 months before, others a week before the show!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

That would be great Jules....

As for o2 tickets, I think with the RAH ones mine arrived only a matter of days before the show... I've actually received an email recently from gigsandtours to apologise for the fact that they haven't been issued yet - but it does state that you should wait until a maximum of at least 5 days before the event...
Dogmanstar

Post by Dogmanstar »

Thanks for the info! But isn't it absurd? I mean, what happens if someone changes address in the meantime? Sorry for all these questions but the site isn't very helpful! It's a huge waiting time I reckon, don't you think?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

it is!
It can get painful!
Having them sort of reassures you it is for real!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

I bet they won't be issued until November!!!! we'll see... as long as they are booked and that is confirmed everything shhould be ok - unless the gig gets cancelled... I don't know about the change of address issue...
disco bunny
Flight attendant

Post by disco bunny »

You write them a mail and they can change it. I did it once and it cost me many nerves and Emails, but in the end it worked out. I mean you have to identify yourself then when you receive the mail, so it's not such a risk for them.
Dogmanstar

Post by Dogmanstar »

Thanks everybody! I sure hope that the gig won't be cancelled and that I'm not going to have any issues for the delivery! The R.A.H. gig cost me a fortune and I really can't afford any last time research for a bloody ticket! I wonder how the Denmark gig will be!