Sweet dreams

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
Canine_in_the_a_line

Sweet dreams

Post by Canine_in_the_a_line »

I once spent an entire afternoon (unsuccessfully) trying to work out the guitar part to the Wild Ones. I was meant to be in an Applied Mechanics lecture.

That night I dreamed that I met Suede at our University refectory for breakfast and Richard showed me how to play the opening riff, reminding me to retune 1/2 octave lower to play along to the record. Next morning, cheezee as it may seem, I could play the opening riff. The chorus and the fill in bits are then fairly simple.

The worst thing about my best ever dream are the "oh really !" looks I get when I tell the story.
mark
Flight attendant

Re: Sweet dreams

Post by mark »

lol - i was gonna say "oh really"!!!!! :lol: :shock: great though and if it allowed u to play The Wild Ones then that's even better!!! a dream come true indeed!!!!

wow i've got to learn how to play the guitar one day!!!!
Canine_in_the_a_line

Post by Canine_in_the_a_line »

I just watched the Brett interview on youtube, part 2. He dreamed the music to the Wild Ones. Now I am properly freaked out.

6 months after my dream I realised that the raw notes of a piece of music can actually be expressed mathematically. So, working daily with complex maths may explain how my brain was able to subconsciously tell me, through a dream, how to play the song.

No more "oh really" looks please.

nighty night campers
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

would that be the interview on my youtube channel??? !! :D :D :D sounds like it to me!!! :mrgreen: Yeah it was weird when he said that - but I think he said he wasn't alseep like he was daydreaming or something??? :shock: :shock: :shock: