Suede VHS / Videos

Topics in this forum must be about Suede.
Discuss, ask, swap, worship here, as long as it is about Suede!
Marquis

Suede VHS / Videos

Post by Marquis »

Hi everyone,

i have tons of TV recordings (Pal, Secam) of Suede, and don't have anything to transfer them into my Mac, and make avi's of them..

I don't know if someone could like to do this.. I would not mind sending my vhs, if then i get them back with DVDs of them..

That's a good deal for someone who's looking for old stuff, isn't it?

:)
PS: actually.. the best would be to find someone who does this well also...
I don't mind if that person will then share the files, i don't care

:)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Re: Suede VHS / Videos

Post by sunshine »

i did hte same ages ago... and i never got anything back from the person I sent the stuff to!
Marquis

Post by Marquis »

sunshine wrote:i did hte same ages ago... and i never got anything back from the person I sent the stuff to!
i thought of this actually.. :roll:

is this someone from this forum?
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

he used to be around indeed!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

Just for the record sun isn't talking about me lol!!! Don't start making me paranoid hahaha!!! I'm a very reliable type of guy lol!!! :)
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

lol... no, not mark...
reliable? like when you ay you will meet up and vanish??? :roll:
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

er huh!!! :o :( :x That again???!!! hmmm - if you cast ur mind back Mr José I think you will find that in January of this year at a certain Brett Anderson show in Shepherds Bush, London I did indeed come over to you, introduce myself, shake your hand and talk to you - before you hurriedly told me you had to go and dumped me lol!!!! :o :shock: :? :lol: :roll: :wink:

As for the RAH Suede show, well, as I said before I could not spot the Spanish giant anywhere!!!! I am sure you must have been hiding!!! :shock: :lol: :cry: And well I am an old man, exhausted after jumping about and not seeing you at the end I had to go get back to my hotel in Victoria - wasn't in bed with my mug of cocoa until gone 1am as it was!!!! :shock: I should be in bed by 8.30pm or at the very latest 9pm with a nice warm rug over my knees and a hot waterbottle!!! :lol: Of course I am joking about all that (including the cocoa!!!) but I was knackered mate and well I couldn't be arsed to hang around looking through vast crowds of people at the end in a part of London I have no real knowledge of (got lost on the way to the RAH as it was!!!! :lol: :( )... Ok I know, excuses, excuses yeah, yeah, yeah!!! Well as you seem to love Mr Marky soooooooo much maybe i'll get the opportunity to say hi at the o2 (don't hold your breath lol!!! - hey and can you believe it's less than 3 months away now???!!!! wow!!! omg - can't believe it!!! :)) Suede live twice this year - after how depressed I was feeling at the end of 2003 could you ever have forseen this happening???... And The Tears stuff and all the solo albums and shows!!!! :) Since the split these last 7 years haven't been so bad afterall!!!! :) A new Suede studio album, proper tour and a bit of media exposure and chart success (although not essential) would be rather nice too!!!! :) Maybe I am still pining for the old days - seems such a long time ago the era when Suede ruled the land and left all the alsorans shaking in their wake!!!! :( But I guess there are still all those great memories - despite the comeback it seems sad that after they dominated every form of media and music coverage in the 90's that they are almost totally forgotten in the bland, hopeless and despairing world of chart music and pop pap, r'nb rubbish that pollutes the airwaves and my ears these days... So sad to think teenagers are growing up now in the belief that this is actually good music!!!!! :roll: :cry: Everyone is of course entitled to their own taste and preferences but - well it really seems so shit...!!

60's rock n roll, modfathers
70's punk, glam
80's new wave, new romantic, metal
90's indie, britpop, dance
00's - a handful of decent post britpop indie acts - new wave indie perhaps - and that is it!!!

now it is r'nb, dub, garage nonsense that dominates... Lucky I suppose the music charts are pretty much worthless and defunct now - even the more inventive bands that come along right now seem - well a little too avant garde and a little too on the outside for my liking... Either all that or maybe I am just too old!!! And yes sun, I am waiting for your confirmation that it is because I am in fact a miserable old git lol!!!! :lol: :shock: :roll: :wink: 8) :mrgreen:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

he is sooooo sensitive!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

I used to be one of those "Music has sucked since the 60's" people.

Then I heard the Sex Pistols and expanded my range to the 70's.

Then I heard the Stone Roses and the Smiths and expanded it to the 80's.

Then I heard Oasis and expanded it to the 90's.

Shamefully pedestrian taste aside, although I've found precious little in the past 10 years I can really love (though A Fine Frenzy comes to mind), I still have faith that, if I look hard enough, I'll find something of worth that came out in the late 2000's.

(For the record, I'm 21, but I'm not trying to be an apologist for my generation, I swear! Everyone around me seems to be into 80's metal!)
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
mark
Flight attendant

Post by mark »

For me the last 10 years is covered by Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian and Kings Of Leon especially but maybe there has been more - unlike the britpop era when the choice of bands seemed endless - but maybe I am just too nostaligc for the past!!!... :roll:

oh and sun of course I am sensitive - I am a Pisces like u!!! Two sensitive fishes together my birthday brother!!! :mrgreen: I even used to have wirtten in my facebook profile "And I know I am too bloody sensitive"!!! :lol: :shock: :wink: But of course I am joking in what I said, I love u really sun!!! :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of GnR 80's metal So Gone lol!!! and you're 21??? Wow I thought I was talking to someone older than me lol, like in their 40's or something!!! :oops: Dunno why, sorry lol!!! hahaha!! no mate that's cool, it's good that you're young but like a range of music from a variety of past eras - nice that some people of your age have such a varied taste in music and aren't brainwashed by what the current music industry is dictating people should like!!!... I guess everyone should like whatever they want but it is worrying the massive drop in the number of rock records that made up the charts last year - statistically I think it was massively down while pop and RnB was at a record high!!!!... :x Oh and i knew I would feel depressed when the day would come that I would utter the phrase "people of your age"!!!! argh - that's a sure sign you're old lol!!!!... :cry: :lol:
sunshine
Flight attendant

Post by sunshine »

haha :lol:
Florence

Post by Florence »

makes me think of that advert for the 1st album that made me go into suede:
"the 70's had Bowie, the 80's had the smiths, the 90's (will) have Suede"
(or was is some great bowish-like review?)

(ooh out of topic but just heard a few seconds of carla bruni's cover of absolute beginners, it sounds awful..)
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Mark, I'm not really a fan of any of those bands you listed...maybe why I haven't investigated modern music as much as I probably should... :shock:

(Though if what you're saying's true, I'm not missing much!)

Eh, re: G&R, I like what someone said at the Forever Delayed forums...the Manics rescued great riffs from horrible songs. :D

(I sort of feel the same way about what Suede did with their Bowie influences, but maybe we shouldn't get into that. :D )

Honestly, does "rock" as a genre even exist anymore? I really don't know, I'm asking...it seems everything is "indie," or, as you said, R&B and pop.
mark wrote:Everything that's wrong with sunshine can be explained by the fact that he doesn't eat meat!!!!
SoGone
Flight attendant

Post by SoGone »

Oh, I like the Libertines' first album...go ahead, slag me off. :D
Marquis

Post by Marquis »

as you guys are talking about other bands....

i'll take advantage of it saying that i highly recommend to listen to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (for example, start with the single "Beat the Devil's Tatoo)

Marquis